1.3.14 is now the only version that
supports Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.4
to 10.7. Please upgrade to 1.3.14 if you are using
Audacity 1.2 on those systems.
Changes in 1.3.14
Bug fixes for:
- Excessive delay occurred when typing
into labels in long projects.
- Last digit of TimeText controls could
not be manipulated in some formats.
- (Windows, OS X) Play and Record
shortcuts did not work after clicking in
- (OS X, Linux) Crash occurred if Toolbars
were reset during playback or recording.
- Imports and Exports:
- MP2 files were not importable without
FFmpeg library or an import rule.
- Files that could only be imported using
FFmpeg imported as noise with no error
message if FFmpeg was not available.
- Files containing PCM audio but an
incorrect extension (such as MP3) caused a
- Effects and Analysis:
- An empty command could be added to a
Chain which then displayed a Nyquist error
message when run.
- Plot Spectrum didn't preserve signal
level if multiple tracks were analyzed.
- Other bug fixes:
- Audacity has been provisionally fixed so
that it can no longer create block files
longer than the sample format or project
format allows, and can no longer delete
these, which led to data loss. Any overlong
blocks found are preserved but "orphaned",
so will appear as silence.
- Orphan block files were wrongly reported
if cutting or copying to the clipboard then
reopening the project in the same session.
- Fixed some crashes and incorrect
movement of audio when dragging tracks.
- (Windows) Data loss is now prevented
when encountering a corrupted.aup file
created in ANSI builds.
- (Linux) Restore building if
USE_PORTMIXER is not defined.
Changes and Improvements:
- Normalize: Faster processing and improved
interface. Left-right balance in unsplit stereo
tracks is now preserved by default, with a
checkbox option provided to process stereo
- Spectrograms now allow window sizes up to
32768 and frequencies up to half the sample rate
(the maximum possible).
- Mix and Render now preserves clip length by
not rendering white space between time zero and
first audio, and preserves audio before time
zero. To retain silence before the audio starts,
generate silence after render.
- Grouped some Edit Menu items into "Remove
Audio" and "Clip Boundaries".
- CleanSpeech Mode removed from Interface
Preferences (it still runs if it was enabled in
a previous Audacity but can only be turned off
- (OS X) Added support for AudioUnit
MusicEffects (but no MIDI support).
- (Linux) Set the per-user files directory per
the program name set in configure.
- (Linux) Changed the default location of the
Audacity temporary directory to be in /var/tmp
not /tmp, so preserving the directory between
Audacity is a free
wave (audio) editor.