- Major code rewrite, separating Zen into a
core library (ZenCore) and the Zen Browser
- Added midi-controlled "virtual bank" slots,
where presets from different vstis can be
- Replaced tooltips with a contextual help
- Added support for Zen-aware plugins,
including assets management.
- Added 'hidden' flag to permanently hide
presets from search results.
- Fixed various UI refresh issues.
- Fixed crashes when duplicating instances in
- Fixed button for creating own tags on OSX.
- Invalid designer keys are now rejected
- Optimized dynamic memory allocations.
- Changes for 64-bits compatibility.
Zen is a Universal
Presets Manager: It loads in any host as a VST
instrument, and acts as a loader for other VSTis. So
with Zen, you can search for "Rhodes piano" and get
a list of all matching presets – regardless of the
final VSTi (Rhino, Zebra, Absynth... whatever). When
you select one of the presets in Zen, the
corresponding VSTi is automatically loaded to play
the requested preset.
Many popular VSTis are supported,
and new ones are added daily. Eventually Zen aims to
categorize all available presets, for all VSTis.
Zen is available for Windows and Mac as freeware.