This is a bug fix release that
addresses a few of those annoying problems that hang
around for the longest time, because they are rather
complicated to fix. The most notable of these is
that nine years after the first complaints, they
have finally found some sensible way to handle tied
notes in the matrix and notation editors.
- The matrix editor represents tied notes with
a different fill pattern.
- The split-and-tie long notes option has been
made the factory default once more, in light of
the vastly improved handling of ties in the
matrix and notation editors.
- Track numbers are no longer cut off.
- The notation and matrix editors now treat a
series of tied notes as though it were a single
unit, which fixes several problems that have
been outstanding since as far back as 2002.
- Resizing a segment via click and drag near
the edge or with the resize tool now leaves that
segment as the selected segment.
- When attempting to select a note by clicking
toward the extreme edges of the note head, it is
less likely that you will move the note instead
of merely selecting it.
- Insertion / Playback pointer correctly
advances in Notation editor when entered notes
are split and tied.
- Progress dialogs tweaked to fine tune their
- Alt+PgUp and Alt+PgDown now highlight the
events in a segment in Notation view
Rosegarden is a
professional audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor,
and general-purpose music composition and editing
environment. It runs on Linux using the JACK audio
system. Rosegarden can be used to record and arrange
audio and MIDI compositions with effects and
instrument plugins. It supports LADSPA effects and
instrument plugins natively, and hosts VST effects
and instruments through the DSSI-VST wrapper plugin.
Rosegarden is Free Software released
under the GNU General Public License.