5ORCERY takes a
different approach to multi-band compression: the
signal is still split into separate bands using
cross-over filters, and these still feed the
side-chains of separate compressors, but the
filtered signals are not mixed back together again.
Instead the gain modulation signals from all five
compressors are matrixed into modulation signals for
4 dynamic shelving filters plus a gain stage.
To put it another way: while this
plug-in behaves like a multi-band compressor, and
allows you to solve many of the same problems, it is
in actual fact a constantly changing 4-band
equaliser, and when it isn’t doing anything, it
really isn’t doing anything.
platinumears has dubbed this
approach “meta-multiband compression”: all the
benefits of a multi-band with none of the usual side
effects. Use it wherever you like, on channels,
sub-groups or mixes.
- Transparent and easy to use multi-band
- Dynamic EQ topology to reduce phase
- Five FL4TT3RY 2 compressors, with
- External side-chain inputs (switchable per
- Intuitive “solo in place” function for each
- Optional soft clipping keeps your peaks
- Flexible Gain / Gain Reduction meters with
- Zero latency.
5ORCERY for Windows (VST) is
available as freeware.