Summary of Changes
Imports and Exports:
- Bug when exporting partial selections caused
too much audio to be exported is fixed.
- Fix corrupt files exported through FFmpeg
when metadata included (metadata is now exported
correctly in M4A files).
- Prevent saving a new Audacity Project over
an existing one as this could corrupt both
- Improved help for files that cannot be
imported because the relevant optional library
- Allow effects which change the length of the
audio they work on to also be applied to
selected label tracks, thus keeping them
- Fixed inability in Nyquist plug-ins to add
labels to an existing label track.
- (Mac) Equalization window was corrupted
- (Linux 64-bit) Fixed crash Generating Click
- Fixed bug causing recording to stop short
when the recording sample rate is not supported
by the sound device and libsamplerate is used
- Fix crash when opening Preferences on a
machine where there are no available audio
- Fixes for bugs using Timer Record and Sound
- Sizes of some dialogs adjusted to ensure
they fit on the screen.
- Fix for supposedly "hidden" items appearing
on screen with large monitors.
- Various keyboard shortcut and translation
Other bug fixes:
- Several timing-dependent crashes and minor
incorrect behaviours have been fixed.
- Windows installer now installs correctly
over previous versions of Audacity.
Changes and improvements:
- (Windows) Better icon file with higher
resolution and transparency.
- New SoundFinder plug-in to label regions of
audio between silences, so allowing silences
between tracks to be excluded when exporting
Audacity is a free wave (audio)