I always liked the SE Phase
Distortion Oscillator. But somehow I also felt it
had its limitations. For instance, some combinations
of waves created unpleasant rumble or odd harmonics.
Also I was missing enough deep bass with some
That`s why I tried to make a PD
synth with a bit more attitude
- Simple Phase Distortion synth, decicated to
70’s bass and lead sounds.
- Fast envelopes, a snappy pitch modulation
function and a sine wave sub-oscillator,
- Two inter-modulating oscillators.
- Pitch Mod Envelope creates snappy crunches
or brassy attacks to the sound.
- Low cut filter, delay, chorus, equalizer.