New features and changes:
- Option to preserve formants when
- New option to control whether newly added
plugins are active or not, enabled by default.
- Copy sends as well as plugins when doing
copy/paste operations in the mixer strip.
- Copy send I/O configurations when copying
- Remove height buttons from automation
- New option to do cubase-style solo-overrides
mute (off by default).
- Ardour-build plugin GUIs are now "taller"
rather than "wider".
- Insert-time operation can now move markers
- Double-click on plugin/send/insert boxes now
brings up plugin manager.
- Handle an instant.xml file (GUI state) that
has been modified by ardour 3.0 (without
- Shorten coreaudio's format text strings.
- Creating ranges from region selections now
offers two different options: create 1 range
spanning all selected regions, or create 1 range
per selected region.
- Fix OS X display of startup message about
- Actually delete commands from undo history
when limiting depth of the history list. this
fixes a massive memory leak in ardour when
working with lots of regions and/or lots of
- MAJOR fix for any situation where an audio
track is playing more channels than it has
output ports. triggered by a report about
playing an 8-chn AIFF file via the auditioner.
- Set up folder/directory name correctly for
- Drastically improve handling of Drag-n-Drop
internally, avoiding memory leaks and potential
- When using a top menubar (as on OS X), don't
quit when the editor window is closed.
- Prevent lockup/hangs when caused by editing
a track name and then resizing so that the track
name entry field is hidden.
- Select objects when clicking on them in
region gain mouse mode, so that subsequent
operations do not operate on unexpected objects.
- Don't duplicate LADSPA plugins in plugin
- Items in region context menus that need a
position (e.g. split) are desensitized if the
edit point is "mouse", to avoid odd behaviour.
- Fix a bug that made certain prompt windows
potentially able to cause crashes.
- Make panner changes propagate into the
panner GUIs even when the number of streams
being handled is reduced.
- Do not crash in an xrun handler when there
is no session.
- Lots of Session members now initialized in
constructor, rather than being left to chance.
- Correct control surface track indexing
(fixes a crash when using Tranzport and others
to go to "next" or "prev" track).
- MTC message delivered internally when
handling an MMC locate now contains correct FPS
value, avoiding stupid error message from
- Compile correctly even with NLS=0.
- Track names are now visible even with the
Ardour is a digital
audio workstation. You can use it to record, edit
and mix multi-track audio. Produce your own CDs. Mix
video soundtracks. Experiment with new ideas about
music and sound. Generate sound installations for 12
speaker gallery shows. Have Fun.