- Crash using Undo whilst time-shifting a
- Crash using Repair if the selection extended
into an empty track.
- Export Multiple didn't prevent export if
there was no audio or all audio was muted. This
allowed export of small invalid files.
- Loop Play of a speeded-up track inserted
- Playback and rendering was significantly
inaccurate, creating audible and visual
- The mnemonics character "&" was read out by
screen readers in most of the Preferences
- NVDA did not read static text in most
dialogs. Text can now be read by using INSERT +
- JAWS and Window-eyes misread the "Duration"
control in Silence Generator.
- Toolbar buttons could not be pressed by
- Other interface bug fixes.
Changes and Improvements
- The SoX Resampler library (libsoxr) has
replaced libresample in Audacity releases,
offering both higher quality and greater speed.
Time Tracks new features:
- "Set Range" now changes only the range of
the Time Track, preserving the pitch/speed set
by any existing warp points.
- Vertical scale added with options for linear
and logarithmic display and interpolation.
- Upper and lower speed limits will now be
remembered when saving and reopening a project
in 2.0.3. Warp points in projects saved by
previous Audacity versions will be correctly
restored in 2.0.3.
- Warp points saved in a 2.0.3 project will be
preserved if opened in previous versions but
playback and display will be incorrect.
- Studio Fade Out (uses a filtered "S" curve).
- Adjustable Fade (accessible effect for
creating partial fades and adjustable fade
- Bass and Treble (replaces Bass Boost).
- Real sample rates up to 384000 Hz are now
supported for playback and recording in high
resolution devices (the maximum is up to 192000
Hz for Windows DirectSound host).
- Labeled Regions in Edit Menu is renamed to
"Labeled Audio" and now allows splits to be
placed at point labels. Labeled audio regions
that touch without overlapping are treated as
separate regions. Overlapping labeled audio
regions are treated as a single region.
- New Croatian translation of Audacity.
- CMake is required in order to build libsoxr.