- Changed keyboard shortcut: Shift+Ctrl+H is
now "Show keyboard shortcuts" while Ctrl+H is
still "Set default SoundFont file".
- You can now change SoundFonts while playing
(and not only Presets).
- The Live MIDI Input playback mode has been
enhanced: you can now assign VST Instruments and
Effects and change SoundFonts and Presets, while
active. Additionally the settings are retained
while switching Input ON/OFF. You can
furthermore save a special arrangement which can
be used for this mode only, as it does not
require a MIDI file. See main menu “File” item
“Save Arrangement for MIDI Input mode...”.
- The SoundFont Presets dialog has a new
option “Lock when playing live from MIDI input”.
Check this to prevent MIDI program events from
changing the Preset in Live MIDI Input playback
- The VST instruments dropdown menu (“VSTI”
button in tracks header) has a new item: “Remove
instrument from track” to quickly remove the VST
instrument assigned to the track and restore the
SoundFont previously used.
- In the VST editor window, the button “Lock”
has a dropdown item: “Lock to MIDI channel 0”.
Use this if the VST instrument accepts MIDI
channel 0 data only (like Clavia Lab).
- In the VST editor window, there is a new
button “Reset”, most useful for VST instruments.
Use it to switch off the instrument of it
continues to play notes even after the tune has
- SynthFont now keeps in memory VST
Instruments and Effects when another Arrangement
is loaded - if they are used in the other
Arrangement - to speed up the loading of these.
- Previously notes were ended abruptly when
the note release envelope reached a lower limit.
In most cases this was acceptable, but not if
the number of notes playing was small. SynthFont
now adds a short damping tail to the end to make
- When playing to external MIDI devices
through MIDI ports, SynthFont sends MIDI reset
commands before, and after, playing.
- When using SFZ files, SynthFont can now
automatically extract the required WAV files
from OGG files (provided that the OggVorbis
libraries OGG.DLL and VorbisFile.DLL are
present). You can delete the OGG files when
- Since version 1.600, changing the language
using the Language menu item in the main toolbar
did not change the language permanently.
- SFZ file support was still lacking.
- SynthFont Version "1" does not support
multiple time signatures. From now on the last
time signature defined before any notes will be
used instead of the very last one defined in the
file (which may be in the last bar...).
- Plus a number of other minor flaws.
SynthFont is a
free/donationware tool for playing/rendering MIDI
files using SoundFonts and other similar sound
sources (WAV, DLS, GIGA and also VST Instruments).