The big changes since 1.1 are:
- Moved to qt4, this affects the visuals and
potentially improved portability.
- Graphical automation in the arranger.
- A new score editor.
- MusE now defaults to using MIDI through
Jack, -A enables native alsa support.
- New style MDI GUI with a bunch of
configuration options to satisfy all tastes.
- Redone MIDI editing tool dialogs with lots
of new functionality.
- Lots and lots and lots of internal small and
big changes to improve stability, speed and
- PSIIF support
A much condensed list of changes
since the last beta are as follows:
- Sync fix: MusE now records tempo changes
from externally clocked MIDI.
- Audio controller playback has smooth frame
resolution even with large audio buffers.
- Feature: MIDI control of audio parameters.
- Lots of automation improvements.
- Switched to use JACK MIDI.
- Added: -A switch: "Force inclusion of ALSA
MIDI even if using Jack".
- Lots of leaks removed.
- Added colorhints to iR and oR routing
- Templates: File dialog: Lots of changes.
- Lots of widget focus fixes.
- Allow loading of DSSI synths in LADSPA
- MIDI editors: Added "Delta Mode" button to
Note Info toolbar.
MusE is a free
studio for Linux that has support for
sequencing of both
MIDI and audio and has, among other things,
support for LADSPA,