- SpeedBend can now be set as a control in
scripts: set speedBend 0.
- CC bindings to Auto Record Bars and other
integer parameters should work.
- Empty Loop Action and a few other parameter
can now be bound.
- MIDI Binding to Setup should now work.
- Custom bend ranges were not active until a
preset was edited.
- Custom bend range could not reach the
maximum value with a MIDI CC.
- Custom Speed Bend Range was wonky when bound
to a MIDI pitch wheel.
- Spread function ranges on different channels
were canceling each other.
- MuteOff will always force mute off instead
- Interrupt statement can be used to cancel a
- Instant Multiply 2 is now just "Instant
Multiply" and can take a binding argument.
- Instant Divide 2 is now just "Instant
Divide" and can take a binding argument.
- Binding arguments can be enumerated
parameter names, "subcycle" "off" etc.
- "ReloadScripts" function can be used to
reload all scripts from a menu or a MIDI event.
- Setup, Preset, and Bindings are now
parameters that may be bound to a MIDI CC to
sweep through the values.
- "UIRedraw" function can be used in scripts
or bound to a switch to force a redisplay of the
- Redesigned OSC support.
The major new feature of this
release is a redesign of the speed and pitch
functions and controls. Of particular interest is
the new Speed Bend control that can be used to
change the playback rate smoothly using a MIDI CC or
pitch wheel rather than making semitone jumps.
Also of interest is the Time Stretch
control that can smoothly change the loop duration
and tempo without changing the pitch. Note however
that since Time Stretch relies on the old pitch
shifting algorithm, there are still some remaining
issues with added latency that may make it
unsuitable when synchronizing multiple loops.
Circular Labs consider this a "beta" feature, but
can be be fun in some situations.
Many of the function and control
names were changed during the redesign. In previous
releases, changing both the playback speed and pitch
of the loop was referred to as rate shift. They now
consistently use the word speed instead of rate. So
parameters such as Rate Sequence are now Speed
Sequence. Some of the names were not simple
substitutions of "rate" and "speed". For example the
Rate Shift function is now known as Speed Step to
better indicate that it changes speed in semitone
Mobius is free a
tool for live recording and manipulation of audio
loops, with features similar to those of the
Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro and the