HourGlass is a standalone
application intended for radical sound processing by
taking fragments (more commonly referred to as
"grains" in other similar software) from sound
recordings, to create sound textures. It is not
intended for minor transparent corrections of
playback speed or pitch, but is rather placed firmly
in the sound mangling/glitch territory.
- Imports most common audio file formats :
wav/aiff, 8/16/24 bit PCM, 32/64 bit floating
point and more, sampling rates are compensated
on the fly as needed.
- Multiple sound sources can be used
simultaneously by the fragmenting process.
- Most sound parameters can be automated using
- MIDI remote control of sound parameters and
various user actions/commands.
- 4 channel mixer with insert slots for
built-in effect as well as VST plugins.
- Multiple CPU cores can be leveraged to allow
creating very thick textures of up to 256
- Simple programs can be written to control
the properties of the fragments that will be
- Dozens of other features and more to come in
HourGlass is free of charge to
download and use, but donations will be appreciated.