- Selection Toolbar: a value for the
previous whole second displayed if the value
was close to a whole second.
- Finding zero crossings could cause the
selection to expand into white space at
either side of the clip.
- Clips did not drag to another track if
mouse was over a selection.
- Mixer Board: Rendering four tracks
resulted in a redundant Track Strip followed
by a crash.
Imports, Exports and Files:
- Exporting to WAV or AIFF led to a "Libsndfile
says" error or corrupted output due to order
of metadata in imported files.
- (Mac) Fixed crashes importing MP3 files
on PPC machines.
- (Linux Ubuntu) .Aup files could not be
associated with Audacity (they opened in the
web browser instead).
Effects and Analysis:
- Normalize: Fixed issues where
normalization could be to wrong value if
applied with DC offset correction, or if
applied to "read-directly" WAV and AIFF
files before On-Demand completed.
- Sliding Time Scale: fixed an audible
discontinuity at the beginning of the
processed selection; fixed a serious quality
problem on Linux 64-bit.
Other miscellaneous bug fixes:
- including fix to prevent zooming with
mouse wheel or ball scrolling the content
Other changes and Improvements:
- Shortcuts can now be added in Keyboard
Preferences to items in the Generate, Effect or
Analyze menus, including user-added plug-ins.
- Nyquist Effect plug-ins can now be added to
- New "Paulstretch" effect for extreme
slowdown without pitch change.
- New "Sample Data Export" Analyze effect for
exporting a file containing amplitude values for
each sample in the selection.
- New Preference (off by default) to import
files On-Demand (without seek ability) when
using the optional FFmpeg library.
- New Preference (off by default) to retain
labels when deleting a selection that snaps to
the label without extending past it.
- (Windows installer) New option to reset
Preferences on next launch.
- (Mac) Audacity now has excellent
compatibility with the VoiceOver screen reader.
For details, please see manual.audacityteam.org/accessibility.html#mac.
- CleanSpeech Mode (no longer supported) will
not now be enabled even if it was enabled by an
earlier version of Audacity.
- Added Serbian (Latin and Cyrillic)
Audacity is a free
wave (audio) editor.