- Click/metronome is now latency compensated.
- Monitor Section is now an optional feature
that can be added/removed to/from a session as
- Restore ability to create TOC and CUE files
during export, and improve the formatting of
- Enter and exit node edit mode with dbl-click
in any MIDI region (also leave with a single
click on anything other than a MIDI region or
- Make plugin controls displayable in the
- Add a way to create a new MIDI track with an
- Restore independent gain control over
- Now-functional MIDI list editor
- delete notes.
- full keyboard and scroll editing.
- keyboard navigation.
- Primary-z and Primary-r undo/redo, as
- much more to be done in the future
(including note insertion).
- Smart mode (combined object+range mode) now
improved in many ways large and small.
- Return of the splash screen.
- More and improved tooltips.
- Reorganize structure of the Regions and
region context menus.
- Make contents of region properties dialogue
expand with the window.
- Cleanups for the Freesound browser (add
stop, remove URI, clear barberpole).
- New mouse mode (Draw Notes) rather than
overloading range mode.
- Double click on send "box" toggles the
display of its controls in its parent mixer
- Add option to use plugin GUIs or Ardour
- "aux-" dropped from the name of aux sends.
- Add warnings for overwriting marker files.
- Use the same criterion to sensitize the
choose-top-region menu item as to decide whether
to open it or not, to prevent a sensitive menu
item that does nothing.
- Tidy up RegionLayeringOrderEditor a bit,
including making it respect edit groups.
- Don't offer to save master bus as a route
- Show proper progress information for export
- Some improvements to the add track/bus
dialog to make it more obvious how to add MIDI
- Region list now accurately tracks regions'
fade in/out status and length.
- Don't autoscroll right if we are moving
left, and vice versa;
- Fix issue with export channel splitting
getting stuck in the filename.
- Show an example filename in the main export
- Use custom i-beam cursor for range mode.
- Fix position of viewport after a playhead
drag outside the viewport (when following the
- Improve usage of expanded window space in
the export dialog + put the "advanced" stuff in
- Fix the width of generic plugin editors.
- Don't bother opening a time FX dialog if we
are just time stretching MIDI regions.
- Update summary on switching playlists.
- Button joiner: used to surround the
play-range & roll buttons, and also object and
range mouse mode buttons; clicking on it toggles
special modes ("always play range" and "smart
- Clicking on track rec-enable button while
step-editing now exits step-editing mode.
- Add delta-time option to MIDI tracer window.
Note that its not incredibly accurate or useful
right now, because timestamps come from the
system clock and are taken when the data is
read/written to the port buffer, not its actual
timestamp within the buffer.
- New display of "implicitly on" buttons
(rather than using an alternate color, we draw
the "actively on" color as a border around the
- Aux sends and regular sends are now numbered
- Various optimizations for the core
processing loop (reduces apparent DSP load,
especially with small sessions).
- For now, only use the multi-threaded process
code if we are using >1 processor for DSP; this
involves making the DSP use setting only take
effect on a restart of Ardour.
- Increase size of click pool to cover longer
- Make adding tracks/busses from templates
just like adding them at the start of a session,
in that IO connections don't offer to save
master bus as a route template, actions are
prevented until they are all added.
- Use new Lilv state API to save LV2 plugin
state (requires latest lilv version).
- Store Region export state in instant.xml.
- Add aux sends at the position that the menu
was opened, rather than always pre-fader.
- Make crossfade active state and length
- Use musical_time_equal() test for equality
when copying notes, not strict floating point
- Make crossfade convert-to-full and
activate/deactivate work across edit groups.
- Stop sending MMC/MTC while exporting or
freewheeling for any other reason.
- Fixed crashing bug caused by Apple's
implementation of getmntinfo().
- Fix a variety of bugs of varying severity
related to the tempo map changes done for 3.0
- Catch exception thrown by SMF code when it
cannot write to a file.
- Fix export threading timeouts when disk
operations take long. Might fix other timeout
- Fix failure to find route templates.
- Clear clicks when auto-returning or looping.
- Make time stretch respect edit group.
- Make plugins-stop-with-transport work.
- Explicitly cancelling solo status when a
route's inputs drop to zero.
- Rework design of MIDI clock ticker to avoid
expensive generalization that has turned out to
have no particular use, and fix bug that caused
incorrect ticks to be sent (or attempted) as the
transport starts up.
- Fix timefx on multiple regions, even regions
of mixed type.
- Tape track files need to be created when
opened, not when written to.
- Fix failure to summon the disk butler thread
when a track that needs it is followed by a
track that does not.
- Do not crash if an LV2 plugin calls the UI
write callback with a port number that Ardour
has decided is not an automatable parameter.
- Fix for crash-by-assert just after a MIDI
diskstream overwrite (e.g. just after an edit,
while playback is active).
- Fix bug in MIDIClock that sent MIDI Clock
messages with negative offsets after a loop
Ardour is a free (open source)
digital audio workstation. You can use it to record,
edit and mix multi-track audio. Produce your own
CDs. Mix video soundtracks. Experiment with new
ideas about music and sound. Generate sound
installations for 12 speaker gallery shows. Have