- This version now supports more VST-Instruments.
- Audio Samples can now be dragged to the
Staff from the Audio Samples list below the
- Added splitter bars and scroll bars to Piano
Roll editor to make it easier to resize panels
and scroll to desired notes within the panel.
- MIDI effects' parameters can now be edited
over time within a loop with Pro-Mix.
- Improved the native Equalizer effect.
- With Pro-Mix accessory installed, VST-Instruments
support automation of effect parameters.
- A more useful message is displayed when an
error occurs while using VST-Instruments.
- For VST-Instruments that do not respond to
MIDI events for Volume and PanPot, View / Mixer
screen's Volume or L/R Balance control's alter
the track's Audio volume.
- In earlier versions, some songs whose tempo
changed over time went silent when played to VST-Instruments.
- When a track was assigned to a VST-Instrument,
composing by playing notes on an external MIDI
keyboard was not causing the notes to be echoed
by the VST-Instrument.
- In Percussion staff editor, in version
2012.03.01, adding a new drum to the palette
would incorrectly report an error.
- When a VST-Instrument was added by pressing
the FX column, it was not echoing entered notes
Anvil Studio is a
free Windows 7 / Vista / XP program for editing
multi-track MIDI files. The free version can:
- Host a VST-Instrument using Core Audio,
DirectX or WDM.
- Create songs with unlimited MIDI
tracks and 2 audio tracks up to one
With the optional Anvil
Studio Pro-Mix accessory, it can load any
number of VST-Effects and
VST-Instruments, and ReWire
instruments under ASIO, Core Audio,
DirectX, or WDM, and it can record, edit, and
playback VST parameter automation.