The free public beta is currently
available for Windows VSTi – a Mac AU beta may come
later. It includes 46 presets and features many
enhancements and changes compared to the previous
release (Modelonia 1.7 – 1.8).
Modelonia is a
powerful “physical modeling” synth which uses a
hybrid of two distinct model ‘types’ – a
plucked-string model, and a blown-bore (i.e.
trumpet-type) model. Each model may be used
simultaneously and the signal path allows
cross-modulation between the two models for more
interesting and complex tones.
What’s new in Modelonia 2.0
Sound Engine Update and Upgrade:
- Two macro sliders are now available for
realtime sound morphing:
- Gain macro linked to MIDI CC 45 by
- XM macro linked to MIDI CC 46 by
- The “Smooth” switch has now a different
function: up to Modelonia 1.8 it was used to
change the ADSR shape, now in 2.0 it turns on a
set of DC filters that change the behaviour of
both models Strings and Horn.
- The “PE” switch has been extended to a knob
control: up to Modelonia 1.8 it turned on the
“pressure emitter” in the Horn exciter, now in
2.0 it adjusts the PE in the right half turn
(marked with a green curve), and it switches to
an alternative algorithm when used in the left
half (marked with a red curve). This new feature
take better advantage of the external exciters,
relatively to the “Lips” module, those are the
Noise module and the String module via “XM to
- The harmonic waveshapers controlled by the
“Modif” switches A and B, in the Horn module,
have been updated. Especially the B type
features now a more filtered sound.
- The “coupling fx” (the “CP” switch in
“String” module) features now a stronger
- The A/B switch in the FX module adds now a
soft Chorus to the Reverb, Chorus can be used
alone as well, with Reverb mix at zero.
- The bottom pane with the microtuning sliders
is now hidden by default, when then microtuning
selection is hidden four VU meters, AP EQ and
the macro sliders are showed.
- New powerful equalizer in the output fx
chain. This new AP EQ features two fully
adjustable shelving filters.
- Vastly improved Mono Legato mode for
enhanced realism in solo playing of wind
instruments and similar hybrid ones.