BETA is similar in functionality to Alpha, but
adapted to mixing needs. It's peak filter controls
are the same. HP and LP filter sliders control the
cutting frequency, while small buttons next to them
select Q factor.
Alpha / Beta v3.7
- Different frequency range selectors, for
quicker operation and better visual feedback.
- Five selectable Q factors that cover same
bandwidth as before.
- All filters do not consume CPU when they’re
at 0dB and turned on.
- [Alpha] Low-frequency compressor/saturator
that produces smooth bass response.
- [Alpha] Removed exciter, to reduce CPU
needs, since there are many better solutions for
harmonic enhancement available as separate
- [Alpha] Four highpass frequencies for mid
channel (18, 24, 32 and 40Hz) and continuous
adjustment for side channel with 6dB/oct slope.
- [Alpha] High-frequency tweak at 14kHz for
- [Alpha] Temporary bypass switch for tilt
- [Alpha] Better implementation of stereo
- [Alpha] Label “monitor” flashes when
incomplete signal is being monitored.
- [Beta] Continuous central frequency
selection for tilt module with wider range of
- [Beta] Four Q factors for highpass and
- [Beta] Better saturation mode that leaves
higher frequencies (“air”) intact.
Alpha and Beta are available as
freeware VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC.