"Use big curves for a big sound!
Creating big over driven sounds is easy with X Wave.
Why use an over drive or distortion plugin with a
set transfer curve? With X Wave you can make your
own very easily and tweak it to the exact sound you
want!. Like bit crushers/ bit reducers? with X Wave
this is also easy. For this we have the “Stairs”
slope which looks exactly like, well, stairs. Hence
the uninspired name. You can add new points and set
the stairs at different levels for each slope. It’s
possible to reduce part of the wave to say, 12 bits,
while another part to 2 bits!"
- Create shapes Graphically with up to 16
- Two different "slope" types, curve and
stairs. Curve is good for overdrive effects
where as stairs can be used for bit reduction.
- Up sample switch for x4 up sampling, helps
to reduce any aliasing that may occur.
- Basic inbuilt limiter. This will help to
ensure your signal doesn't go above zero
- Pre Gain knob. Increases the signal level
before entering the wave shaper.
- Advanced global preset manager. This preset
manager stores the presets directly to your hard
drive. So presets can be shared easily among
multiple instances of the plugin. The presets
show in an easy to navigate drop down menu.
- Wet and dry knobs. Use these to mix the wave
shaped signal with the original signal.