UpStereo is a simple, useful tool - it makes your
mixes bigger, in stereo width and loudness. Using
three basic basic systems:
1. A fixed frequency EQ designed to lift the highest
audio frequencies, and boost the bass.
2. A stereo width unit, for expanding stereo sounds
so they appear wider and fatter. At extreme levels
other characteristics are also brought out of the
sound, so this can also be used as a tonal control
for individual instruments. This also has a mono
setting, useful for squashing up those aggressive
samples that take over the mix.
3. A loudness button that raises the waveform to the
limits in a smooth curve. This saturation gives the
mix a more perceived loudness, without clipping.
These stages create an overall loudness effect on
the final output, so a gain control is included to
keep the limits in check.
The main 'bubble' display on the plug-in is really a
basic meter, when one of the stereo halves flash
white, then the output is in danger of being
clipped. Try and keep the levels so the white
flashes only occasionally, this enables the loudness
saturator to work at it's best.
UpStereo 2.0 beta
- Completely 3D user-interface.
- Retains usability of traditional 2D design.
- Movable camera and light - alter the mood of
- Lays foundation for future 3D interfaces
with potential for zoomable, multi-side
plug-ins, and realistic 3D copies of hardware
The beta of UpStereo 2.0 is
currently only available for Windows PC (version
1.01 is still available for Windows and Mac