Kriminal releases Krolar SX-2
Kriminal has released
a new free VST instrument for Windows that was inspired
by the 1978/9 hardware Roland synth, the SH-2.
- OSC1: sine/saw/pulse.
- OSC2: saw/pulse/noise.
- SubOsc: square (-1 oct below the settings of
- Modulator (LFO): sine/square/S&H with rate
- AutoBend: begins below/above (-2/+2 octaves)
key pressed and slides to that pitch.
- PWM: LFO/MAn/Env - the slider adjusts the
pulse width or the amount of LFO/Env modulation
(the LFO for PWM is a smooth sine with no
- Pitch Mod: controls amount of pitch
modulation by the LFO.
- Tuning: OSC2 has its own tuning section,
Wide and Narrow (+/-1750 cents or +/-200 cents).
- The SH-2 was monophonic, Krolar SX-2 has a
small red button (top right) that allows you to
switch from monophonic (low note priority) to
polyphonic (6 voices).
- The other features are self explanatory.