Cross-Platform Bug Fixes include:
- Muting/soloing caused incorrect channel
results in exported stereo files.
- Nyquist effects: pasted unmodified audio
into the result, no progress bar, truncation of
processed audio on cancel.
- Noise Removal: pasted unmodified audio into
the result, unwanted filtering tail.
- Uncompressed exports:
- Export as WAV could be corrupted if
overwriting to same file.
- Export multiple to uncompressed formats
only produced 16-bit WAV.
- Compressed exports:
- MP3 exports now produce correct bit rate
mode, quality and length, with improved
metadata visibility in player applications.
- WMA exports containing metadata are now
- Restored support for multi-channel recording
devices that can record more than two channels
Platform-specific Bug Fixes:
- Windows Vista: Fixed crash opening
Preferences with no sound devices enabled and
- Mac OS X and Linux:
- Fixes for spurious clipping, label
typing, no shortcuts after running effects.
- Project rate now always changes to
respect that of first imported file.
- Mac OS X only:
- Fixes for inactive or corrupted menus
and hidden dialogues, portable settings not
detected, and inability to set independent
Command and Control shortcuts.
- FFmpeg installer now available.
- F11 Full Screen mode, high-quality "Sliding
Time Scale/Pitch Shift" effect, Audio Contrast
- Windows: sound devices can now be opened
using the more efficient DirectSound API.
- As a first step towards improving latency
correction, a fixed rather than variable
correction is now applied.
- Numerous minor interface fixes and
Audacity is a free
wave (audio) editor.