- GigaSampler files ("*.GIG") having several
dimensions were not always correctly
interpreted. SynthFont now also displays the
dimensions used for each instrument split in the
Splits table (see side note).
- The CPU monitor routine did not work
reliably on Windows 98.
- Drawing Pitch Wheel controllers in Pianoroll
did result in incorrect data.
- Fixed some other Pitch Wheel related
- If no default SoundFont is found, and no
arrangement exists, then the "GM.DLS" file found
in the Windows distribution will be used.
- User banks were not used with arrangements
since version 1.634 - restored.
- Live Input mode has been improved; you can
better change the arrangement (some annoying
bugs also removed).
- Saving a MIDI file using a new name could
lead to problems, now fixed.
- Some "New MIDI track" bugs fixed.
- Add the default Grand Piano to tracks with
no MIDI program defined.
- Fixed a problem related to editing a
SoundFont (link to instrument was lost).
- Fixed a bug related to dropping a VST effect
from a bus.
- Since version 1.552, some MIDI CC events
were not sent to VST instruments or to MIDI out
ports while playing.
- Fixed some bugs related to the new low pass
filter introduced in version 1.640. For example:
the default modulator velocity-to-threshold now
works again (i.e. the threshold level decreases
with decreasing velocity).
- In 1.640 the Modulation envelope level might
become negative at key up resulting in odd
effects, e.g. sudden pitch change.
- Playback to a MIDI out port could have a
latency of up to a few hundred milliseconds,
depending on the hardware - improved.
- Fixed a problem related to restoring saved
settings for VST effects.
SynthFont is a free/donationware
tool for playing/rendering MIDI files using
SoundFonts and other similar sound sources (WAV, DLS,
GIGA and also VST Instruments).