pocketBlakus is a sampled,
expressive solo cello virtual instrument for Kontakt
4.2.4 or higher (v.1.6). There is also a version
available for HALion (v.1.5).
pocketBlakus v1.6 (Kontakt)
- Completely new GUI (graphical user
interface), where you can adjust settings for
Attack, Release, Noises Vol & Amount (finger
noises), Round Robin (Cycle and Random), Legato
/ Polyphonic wwitch, Legato Preset, Velocity
Curve, and Credits.
- Legato improvement with smoother legato
transitions in the L-Legato preset, and
simulated portamento transitions for both
L-Legato and B-Legato presets were added.
- Additional release samples for both dynamic
layers, fixed the issue with release samples
triggering on note beginnings. Release samples
are not triggered after the samples naturally
end anymore, so you don’t hear the “release
noise” twice. The attack of Release Samples is
affected by CC1 position, so they start smoother
when you release a quieter note with low CC1
- Keyboard Colors: unused keys are black, the
keys of the cello range are blue and the
keyswitches are yellow.
- Keyswitch notes are one octave higher, so
they don’t interfere with the (hopefully
extending) cello range.
- C6 – Switch between Legato and
- D6 – Switch between L-Legato and
- E6 – Turn on/off Round Robin script
- CC1 (Mod wheel) Default Value of CC1 changed
from 0 to 127, so when you load a patch, you
don’t have to move CC1 up to hear the cello in
it’s full volume.
PocketBlakus is free