New in v12.12
- New controller commands in Notation view
- Various bugfixes details
Rosegarden is an easy-to-learn,
attractive application that runs on Linux, ideal for
composers, musicians, music students, and small
studio or home recording environments.
Some of Rosegarden's features
- MIDI and audio playback and recording with
ALSA and JACK.
- Piano-roll, score, event list and track
- DSSI synth and audio effects plugin support,
including Windows VST effects and instrument
support via dssi-vst.
- LADSPA audio effects plugin support.
- JACK transport support for synchronization
with other software.
- Ability to build and run without JACK, for
- Score interpretation of performance MIDI
- Shareable device (.rgd) files to ease MIDI
- Triggered segments for pattern sequencing &
- Audio and MIDI mixers.
- MIDI and Hydrogen file import.
- MIDI, Csound, Lilypond and MusicXML file
- Clear, consistent and polished user
- User interface translations for Russian,
Spanish, German, French, Welsh, Italian,
Swedish, Estonian, Japanese, and Simplified
Chinese, as well as UK and US English.
- Help documentation available substantially
or entirely translated into German, Swedish and
Japanese as well as English.
Rosegarden is free.