Hexter is a
software synthesizer that models the sound
generation of a Yamaha DX7 synthesizer. It can
easily load most DX7 patch bank files, edit those
patches via a built-in editor or MIDI sys-ex
messages, and recreate the sound of the DX7 with
Release 1.0.0 adds significant
capability to Hexter over the 0.6.2 release,
- An integrated patch editor.
- The option to use floating-point math in the
synthesis code instead of fixed point.
- Performance optimizations.
- Better patch bank loading.
- MIDI non-registered parameter (NRPN)
Hexter is licensed under the GNU
General Public License, version 2 or later.