"A long time in the making, this
release combines a number of bug fixes with two
major sub-projects that happened to come together
right at the same time, and several completely new
features as well. It is probably our most
substantial offering since the landmark 10.02."
- New Features
- Linked segments.
- “Turn Links into Copies” entry is added
to the segment menu.
- Repeated segments may be may be
displayed in the notation editor in several
- Redundant clefs and keys may be hidden
- In the configuration dialog a new tab
controls the preceding features.
- Changed the behavior of
SegmentSplitCommand to ensure that if a
segment was selected before being split, the
two new split segments would also be
- FitToBeatsCommand. In contrast to
CreateTempoMapFromSegmentCommand which takes
a beat track and adjusts tempo to puts the
beats evenly in real time, FitToBeatsCommand
takes a beat track and adjusts tempo to put
real time and beats exactly on the given
- Made PasteConductorDataCommand an actual
command, adding code to make it safe when
there are existing tempos and time
- ExpandFigurationCommand, which lets you
define a bar of figuration and expand it for
every block chord in a segment.
- Improved performance of VU meters.
- Linked segments can be used to create
repeats with 1..n alternate endings (with
- Segment ? Create Anacrusis automates a
tedious sequence of steps, making it a snap
to start pickup notes at precisely the right
time, with all the following segments lining
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed B#/Cb octave export problem in
MusicXML and Mup.
- Fixed problem with segments repeating
when they shouldn’t have been.
- Fixed the solo buttons in the transport
toolbars in the notation and matrix editors,
and changed the behavior so that the solo
button is in the same state everywhere, no
matter what content is being displayed in a
- Fixed the settings amnesia problem with
the main window parameter area.
- Fixed a bug where events beyond the end
marker of the first segment in a join would
appear in the joined segment.
- After joining segments, the newly
created segment is now selected.
- Pitch tracker now tracks pitches when
they are in octaves below notated with
“ignore octave error” on.
- Pitch tracker honors “ignore octave
- Default pitch tracker settings are no
- Flats were not cancelled on a C-maj key
- Rulers in notation were desynchronized
when a segment was deleted while some zoom
factor was in use.
- The “anacrusis problem” which was giving
a broken notation when a segment in contact
with a preceding one was not starting at the
beginning of a bar.
Rosegarden is available to download
as source code and binary packages for many major