SPAN is a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio
spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and
audio production applications. For the most part it
was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric
equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis
SPAN provides you with a very flexible "mode" system
which you can use to setup your sound analysis
preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in
samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum's
visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display
secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time
maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be
visually smoothed out for an easier examination.
SPAN supports multi-channel analysis and can be set
to display spectrums from two different channels or
channel groups at the same time. Spectrum's color
can be chosen to taste.
in SPAN v2.2
- Correlation meter values around -1 are now
displayed correctly in the “density” mode.
- Statistics “reset” function now resets
statistics of all channels correctly.
- K-metering modes now use fixed 600ms RMS and
release time constants.
- Additional visual look variation settings
- Underlay color selection was removed –
group’s defined color is used now.
- “Hide Meters and Stats” switch added.
- Spectrum display is now more precise in
SPAN is available to download as a freeware effect
plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).