High Definition Editing
("Pattern Zoom" / subrow editing): Now, you
can edit your music beyond the level of the pattern
row - placing note, volume or panning entries and
effects on the tracker frames, between the rows.
Using the pattern resolution (Axx effect), you can
vary the number of frames and subrows for each row,
dividing it into up to 32 discrete slices (A20).
Holding Ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel, you can
vary the level of zoom, to show the subrows for the
current row, and those around it. And, by default,
the zoom mode switch (Ctrl-#) is set up to quickly
switch between normal view and subrow editing.
High Resolution Timing (Rows
per Beat): Alternatively, to increase the
resolution without the use of subrows, you can
simply change the number of tracker rows that
reViSiT uses for each musical beat in the host.
Whereas in the past this was fixed at 4, you can now
set this anywhere between 1 and 16 - effectively
varying the pattern speed between 1/4 to 4x of the
normal rate. Combined with subrow editing and tempo
variation in the host, this allows you to time notes
and musical events with a fidelity less than
1/2500th of a second... making reViSiT perfect for
even the most demanding musical genres.
"New-look" Pattern Editor:
The Pattern Editor has been overhauled to
accommodate these features, improving the
appearance, accuracy and visibility of numerous
features, as well as introducing the new reViSiT
Logo. To complement being able to zoom in to subrow
editing, it is also now possible to zoom out, to get
a wider view at you music. For those working on the
keyboard, you can alternate between your two
favourite zoom settings, by pressing Ctrl-# -
reViSiT remembers where you were whenever you
Changes since v1.1.3:
- [ADD] Pattern Zoom Out (Ctrl-# / Ctrl-Scrollwheel),
for shrinking the text to see more of the
- [ADD] Pattern Zoom In (Ctrl-# / Ctrl-Scrollwheel),
for exploding them to see editable subrows
- [ADD] Rows per Beat setting (Preferences,
F12), enabling up to an additional 4x increased
- [ADD] Switch/Alternate zoom mode shortcut
- [ADD] Zoom menu on statusbar.
- [MOD] New-look pattern editor.
- [MOD] Improved spacing for user-specified
- [MOD] Ctrl-# no longer triggers feedback
- [MOD] Clearer button status.
- [MOD] Functions not assigned a key revert to
default, as long as no key conflicts are
- [FIX] Resource leak when switching to Pitch
- [FIX] Untidy graphics at pattern edges.
- [FIX] Channel 64 sometimes inaccessible,
- [DOC] Pattern Editor pages mention Pattern
- [DOC] Preferences page mentions Rows per
- [DOC] New timing features described in Pro
- [DOC] Channel 1-8 muting added to Pattern
- [MOD] Improved stability for non-conforming
- [FIX] Loading samples during playback
- [FIX] Occasional errors when using text
- [FIX] 1-tick resolution stalls playback
- [FIX] Playback no longer stops when hosts
try to "sleep".
reViSiT integrates a Tracker
sequencing environment with the VST host sequencer
application: receiving synchronization information
directly from the host, and returning high-quality
'tracked' audio. The net result is that the composer
can retain the familiar sequenced tracks and
"multi-tracking" audio utilities of the host, while
simultaneously benefiting from the advantages
offered by trackers.