"Alterex tried to catch the functionality and
feeling of the original german unit but is not
intended as software clone. It's hard to deny that
we have a weakness for small units. The 'Systems
settings' button takes you to extra functions such
as: the sub oscillator and controls to set the
release of ADSR 2 and CV modulation. The system
settings also make it possible to set the value for
the modulation wheel (vco or vcf) and velocity
sensitivity. The oscillator can be set in
ringmodulation mode 1 * 2 and 1* 2 * 3 (sub
oscillator) as well as oscillator sync. When the
impulse waveform of oscillator 2 is selected the
modulator causes pulse width modulation. Just give
it a try!"
- Oscillators: 2 with saw, square, pulse
- Sub oscillator: 1 with a square waveform.
- Oscillator mode: ring-modulation 1*2, 1*2*3
and oscillator sync.
- Modulator: triangle, saw down, square and
one shot saw down. The modulator can be set to
the oscillators pitch and the filter's cutoff
amount. If the oscillator 2 is set to pulse, the
modulator acts as pulse-width-modulation.
- Filter: 24db low-pass filter with envelope
modulation (ADSR 1) and CV (note pitch)
- VCA: the ADSR 2 is set to the VCA (when the
release value in the system settings is set to 0
the amount of the decay = the amount of the
- Global settings: modulation wheel: can be
set to oscillator pitch or filter's cutoff