- A new "Insert Item At Selection" function on
the Edit menu can be used to create Note and
Region layer items whose time extents correspond
to the current selection(s).
- Interactively editing points in the Note and
Region layers now works much more smoothly.
- SV can now import MIDI files that use SMPTE
timecode for event timing (importing MIDI files
using with the more common timebase-based timing
was already supported).
- Time values throughout the display may
optionally be shown in seconds and frames at
various frame rates.
- A crash on exit in Windows has been fixed.
- A very unobtrusive user survey is now
- Various other bug fixes.
Sonic Visualiser is an application
for viewing and analysing the contents of music
audio files. The aim of Sonic Visualiser is to be
the first program you reach for when want to study a
musical recording rather than simply listen to it.
Sonic Visualiser is available as freeware (GNU
General Public License) for Windows, Mac and Linux.