The result of countless contributions from
developers all over the globe, Mixxx 1.7.0 features
an overhauled MIDI mapping system with
scripting capabilities, improvements
to vinyl control, and many other tweaks and
Our brand new MIDI scripting engine allows both
users and developers to easily add complex behaviour
to their MIDI devices. Whether you’re looking to get
more out of your existing controller or want to take
full advantage of
hardware, our 1.7.0 release won’t
disappoint you. If you’d like more information on
MIDI scripting, please see our
- Improved MIDI device support:
- MIDI learning wizard
- MIDI mapping editor
- Upgraded, faster mapping system
- MIDI output now fully supported on
Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Scripting Environment –
Script complex behaviour for your MIDI
- Added full support for the
Stanton SCS.3d and SCS.1m on
- Hercules MK2 and RMX improvements
- Added Mixman DM2 mappings for Linux and
- Vinyl Control:
- Scratching responsiveness improved, with
needle-skip prevention option added.
- Signal quality indicators added to vinyl
- Improved support for soundcards with
multiple stereo inputs
- Convenience features:
- The default skin is now widescreen, and
fits nicely on netbook sized screens.
- Stereo master VU meter added.
- Cue points are now saved in the library
for each track, with “auto-recall” cue
option added to preferences.
- Support for more platforms: 64-Bit
Windows and a Universal OS X package for
- Over 100 bug fixes and more!
Mixxx is available as binaries for
Windows, Mac and Linux, free of cost. The source
code is available for download as well.