This hardware unit is based on the old C64
synthesizer Chip (SID) and It is a kind of "DIY"
project. Real time integration between software and
hardware makes HyperSID act like the other VST
instruments in your host application. Because its
sounds are fully generated by the hardware unit the
VSTi Software has a very low CPU usage than the
other VST instruments.
Additions & Fixes:
- Added advanced LFO (freq=0.01-30.00Hz with
0.01Hz resolution per step).
- Added new filter envelope (range=0.001-4s
with 0.001ms resolution per step).
- Added new envelope2 which can modulate Pulse
Width,Pitch and LFO rate.
- Added ultra fast arpeggiator which is
capable to produce classic and SIDish arp up to
- Added save and restore for MIDI-out device.
- Added auto preset update after plug-in
- Fixed a problem with displaying MIDI device
names more than 26 characters.
- Fixed OSC3 synchronization bug.
- Fixed a problem that was causing the played
note to be sustained or muted when using pitch
- Fixed unwanted note sustain when switching
from mono to poly mode.
- Fixed a bug in processing note off message
with zero velocity.
- Fixed FPB button inverse function.
- Fixed transferring FPB(Link to) status to HW
unit while sending a preset.
- Fixed a problem in SID oscillators noise
waveshape that deselected other waveshapes.
- Fixed conflict in MIDI device which caused
freezing in Nuendo and Cubase.
- Migration from non-standard MIDI messages to
NRPN for parameters that need 14bit resolution.
- Updated all parameters names to the new
- Improved preciseness while responding to
- Improved frequency display for SID filter
- Huge GUI redesign.
- Cured keyboard problem which did not respond
to mouse click.
- Preset manager drop down list is now limited
to the plug-in window.
- 2x faster startup and much less CPU usage
- Redesigned factory presets.
HyperSID is free (donationware).