Bug fixes in v1.3.9:
- Crash, slow launch or excessive CPU/memory
use arising from automatic VST support:
- VST instrument plug-ins should now be
- VST effects now scanned only at start of
first session that detects them, then
- Effects are now not loaded or opened
- New "Effects" tab in Preferences to
enable/disable VST effects and enable VST
rescan on next launch.
- Default View Mode now works.
- Chains now always apply their stored
parameters rather than those last used in Effect
- Non-MP3 files imported via drag or Recent
Files caused crash if filter in file open window
set to MP3.
- AAC exports (using the optional FFmpeg
- Generating audio always fitted the project
in the window; fit now done only if generating
in new track.
- View menu items/shortcuts incorrectly
disabled when playing or recording.
- DTMF generator defaulted to zero duration on
- Unwanted interactions between linked audio
and label tracks.
- (Windows XP) Failure to launch on
some machines due to "incorrect configuration"
- (Windows) Crash importing a stereo
file while a screen reader such as JAWS is
- (Mac OS X):
- Audio Units effects applied to all
tracks in project even if not selected.
- QuickTime importer now handles files
greater than 16-bit or 64000 Hz.
- Various other interface bugs.
Improvements in v1.3.9:
- Compressor: new option to compress based on
peaks, improved attack and decay time support.
- Mixer Board: improved design, more
responsive meters and now interacts fully with
Track Panel in main window.
Audacity is a free
wave (audio) editor.