- In version 1.123 the Metronome button on
Plug and Play screen - once pressed in it stayed
- Better synch between audio and the Pianoroll.
- Fixed a potential memory leak.
- The song length was calculated wrongly while
- The Bar/Beat Stop position couldn't be set
to the last beat in a measure.
- The Volume Automation was not save for the
- Better timings when creating Automations.
- In some cases the Pianoroll would initially
not point to any existing track. Adding notes
would result in an exception.
- Fixed some Pianoroll/Marker bugs.
- ... and a lot of other minor bugs.
"Advanced Features" are always
available to all registered users. Unregistered
users can test these features freely during ten
executions of the program.
- A Player Piano keyboard for showing the
notes being played in real time.
- SynthFont can now be minimized to Windows
Notification Area. (See Setup/Options or main
menu 'View' to switch ON/OFF).
- When rendering to a file only, with
SynthFont minimized to the Notification Area,
the main thread priority is set to 'Idle'. The
file conversion window is not displayed.
- You can Freeze the default BPM speed factor
to a value <> 1.0.
- Easy to use function for creating SoundFont/Preset
combinations overriding the default SoundFont/Preset
(e.g. use a GIGA file instead).
- Function to remove surplus Program
Change/Controller/Tempo changes in Events list
- Output track data to a MIDI port for playing
on an external synthesizer instead of the
- You can communicate with SynthFont using
Windows Dynamic Data Exchange protocol (ask
about my DDE offer).
- In the SoundFont file Open and Preset
dialogs there is a new button below the list of
instruments (=Presets). Push the button to play
the current track with the current instrument.
You can change the instrument while playing. In
the file Open dialog you can also change the
SoundFont (but you must stop and start playing
Other minor changes (for all users):
- When opening SynthFont without the option to
automatically open the last tune, SynthFont used
to display a file selection window. This has now
been removed. Instead the Files & Folders page
- The program now remembers the tracks table
column widths in the Plug & Play screen.
- The program now remembers the choice of
files to play (open file only, the playlist,
files in a folder).
- In earlier versions there has been an option
to play only selected files in a folder, now you
can also play only selected files in the
SynthFont is a
free/donationware tool for playing/rendering MIDI
files using SoundFonts and other similar sound
sources (WAV, DLS, GIGA and also VST Instruments).
SynthFont also supports VST effects
- there are 17 busses in all: one master bus and 16
a separate VST instrument version of SynthFont is
also available. It is a completely independent
module, which you can use without SF installed. It
does not have any of the SoundFont tools SF has, nor
can it display any MIDI information as it does not
handle MIDI files.