Proteus VX Install Instructions
- Download and save the Proteus VX software to your
PC. (save to Desktop is ok)
- Unzip/extract the Proteus VX folder to your
preferred folder on your PC. You may be able to just
open the Proteus VX folder and subfolders without
- Open the Proteus VX Folder.
- Open the ProtVX Folder and double click the file:
- Follow the install instructions and prompts. We
strongly suggest you let the installer use all the
default folders for installing.
Proteus VX is not
copy-protected or card-locked like other versions of
E-MU's instrument and sampling software, and can be
used either as a VSTi or in stand alone mode on
Windows (Proteus VX will install and function for
most users on Windows Vista but is only officially
tested and supported for Windows XP).