Cantabile is a simple to use host
for virtual music instruments and audio effects with
an emphasis on real-time performance and use in live
With Cantabile you can play VST
instruments and effects (plugins) in real-time.
Plugins can be connected in series to form racks of
sounds and multiple racks can be run concurrently
with each delivering a different sound or
instrument. Racks can also be connected together to
apply common effects to multiple instruments.
New for all editions:
- New - Office 2007 style "Fluent"
- New - customizable Quick Access toolbar.
- New - customizable Status bar.
- New - pinnable recent session menu keeps
favourite sessions handy.
- New - plug-in selector for insert/replace
- New - support for multiple triggerable
audio/MIDI players (maximum of 2 in Lite).
- New - audio file playback support (wave and
- New - undo/redo, drag/drop and clipboard
- New - recordings list panel, shows all
recordings in a session with options to
auto-delete unwanted recordings.
- New - Null Audio Driver.
- New - 64-bit version for Vista x64.
- Improved - synchronization between metronome
and media files.
- Improved - Options dialog.
- Improved - usability from PC keyboard.
- Improved - performance on multi-core CPUs.
- Improved - new file format considerably
reduces size of saved sessions.
- Improved - ability to capture keyboard even
when other applications are active.
- Improved - support for Wave64 audio files
(overcomes 4Gb limit of traditional wave file).
- Removed - Plugin Organiser (no longer needed
with new plugin selector).
- Removed - MIDI controller assignments
(removed from Cantabile Lite only).
- Removed - MIDI filters (removed from
Cantabile Lite only).
- Many other miscellaneous improvements.